Quick links: Contact Us | Knowledge Books | Log In
1.2. How do I manually uninstall the NetExtender client?
By default, it should be possible to remove NetExtender, click on Start > All Programs, click on Dell SonicWALL SSL VPN NetExtender, and then click on Uninstall (or, alternatively, from the Control Panel, Add/Remove software).
If those options are not available or do not work, please follow these steps if you are unable to remove NetExtender:
- Go to Control panel/System/Device manager, delete the SSL-VPN NetExtender Adapter. You may first need to boot into Safe Mode.
- Reboot and delete SSLDrv.* files from C:\Windows and C:\Windows\System32.
- Open a Command Console, go to C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files, enter del NELaunch*.* /S. If you are using Firefox, go to plugin folder and delete all npNELaunch*.* files.
- Go to C:\Windows, delete NESetupM.exe.
Note: If the "SonicWALL NetExtender Service" still appears in the Microsoft Management Console Services list, perform the following steps.
- Open a Command Prompt by going to Start Menu > Run. Type "cmd", and hit Enter.
- Type the following command to remove the service: "sc delete SONICWALL_NetExtender".
Refresh the Services list. The service should have disappeared.
comments powered by Disqus